Rose Tyler: The Idiot's Lantern Earrings Tutorial

Another crafty tutorial, this time for something from Doctor Who! When I started watching Doctor Who at the end of December I had no idea how much I would love... well... everything about the show, but in this case the brilliant character Rose Tyler. When I find a character that I really love and relate to, I often want to dress up as said character. I'm a cosplayer; it's what we do. When I came to the Season Two episode "The Idiot's Lantern," I knew I had found the dress I wanted to make.

jackandgingerco.ca
It's pink, fluffy, and sparkly. It has large, fancy shoes. I am in love with this dress.

So, of course, I started working on it as soon as possible. I decided to start with something small, and I'm going to walk you through what I did.

Without further ado... HOW TO MAKE ROSE TYLER'S EARRINGS.

cropped from fanpop.com

This is the best picture I could find that clearly shows Rose's earrings.


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
-jeweler's wire
-needle nose pliers
-two earring hooks
-two crimping beads
-two very small, silver beads
-two small, round pink beads
-two medium, round pink beads
-two large, teardrop pink beads
-an hour or so


Start with one short length of wire.


Make a loop at the end and push the small silver bead to the top of the loop.


Thread the long end through the bottom of the earring hook, Take the end and wrap it around the wire just above the bead using the pliers.


Repeat that process for each of the first three beads on each earring, going in size order and looping the long end through the loop at the bottom of the above bead.


Cut a longer strip of wire and bend it into a "U" shape.


Thread a crimping bead onto the center of that wire.


Crimp the bead using the needle nose pliers. Bend the wire so that both sides are touching with the bead as a base. I don't have a picture of this, but hopefully the next picture will help.


Take the tear drop bead and push it down to the top of the crimping bead. Loop the two ends through the loop from the medium pink bead and wrap them around themselves with the pliers, just as before.


You're done! Go put on your earrings and admire them.

I hope this was helpful! If you have any questions or want clarification on something, leave a comment and I will do my best to assist you further.


Comments